Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thank You For Baby Congratulations

To (s) for student loans or a student Saga

beginners crash course

Exactly a year at this time I was bored in math-hour, and dreamed of my Germanic studies, as I said in the lectures will sit on literature and the infinite knowledge of my professors will participate. I pictured right, as I sit with a satisfied smile at the library and read a great antique books.

Today, 5 days before my first student loan, I ask myself the question: Is the study actually so bright and carefree, as we have imagined it? And what interested me even more: How to survive the 5 days with my last 5 €?

I would have taken in math class, I could count my money. Unfortunately, in the Erstiwoche no survival course offered for impoverished students. Financial problems, but not all the difficulties, the rain on the freshly baked students down. Because come homesickness, financial, boring introductory seminars and lousy weather added.

For me, cooking is the largest Challenge. Even to attempt to cook a soup out of the bag is doomed to failure: after having all the instructions that appear on the pack, closely followed, and most have given me much trouble, the stupid soup tastes still under water. In the low-chill cabinet can be found fortune to many delicious things you can cook jerky twitching in the microwave. If you have a. I do not! So I sat there the other day on an empty stomach and my back staring Camembert (defrosting at room temperature: about 2 hours), it unfortunately he was not even my hot looks warmer. I just can not get into it, any snap to salads or to make meatballs. They are, however, the boiling inen joyful students. This fellow students and even hold a kind of "cooking parties". If you're nice, you can at the "chefs" even invite, you may just remember to bring a bottle of wine!

The next hurdle on the path of would-be academic is the laundry. It is a sensitive issue for those who have no washing machine in the house. The laundry pile grows steadily, until one day no one has more fresh socks, as you sometimes even pulls the socks from yesterday, even though the moderate odor is no longer "without" are. In the supermarket you're overwhelmed by the diversity in the detergent shelf. For some of the big secret is revealed: that the labels in the clothes are not only to scratch there, but they contain the secret washing instructions. He who loves his laundry, sorted. I have personally when it comes up 3 white T-shirts, everything else is multi-colored, the result: the white are still in the laundry basket and wait for the beautiful day when they get company and can be washed.

I just wonder: why has no one warned us that it is so cold and raining in Greifswald on most days? Because of "studying there where others vacation! Unfortunately there are not even fish sandwiches, while they were a key item on my university pro-and contra-list. My illusion is gone! After I have told at home that in Greifswald in part is already dark at half past three, my dear aunt has asked all seriousness, whether we are also polar nights.

Man, however, must not forget the many advantages of studying: long semester break, eventful education strike, crazy parties, cool people, exciting affairs, and of course all the important knowledge which is acquired during their studies.

A crash course on "How do I live with the week 5 €." Will be offered at the universities still are missing. It is about time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment